Human Resources – Payroll Specialist
Builtin have named us one of the best places to work in Chicago.
Our staff are committed to continuously improving. They’re not afraid of hard work. And they have passion coursing through their veins.
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Job Title: Human Resources/Payroll Specialist
Reports To: Human Resources Director
Location: Chicago (Hybrid)
Role Summary & Purpose: The HR/Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll on time and accurately, as well as maintain the employee database regarding compensation. As we continue to build our HR team, there will be opportunity to branch out and support various HR functions.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll for 200 employees using Paylocity:
- Review timesheets for accuracy
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Maintain payroll change spreadsheet
- Ensure proper calculations for first/last paychecks and benefits such as Group Term Life Insurance and 401k deferrals
- Reconcile employee benefit changes including enrolling, terming, and updating
- Research, resolve and identify corrections for all payroll inaccuracies
- Process wage garnishments
- Assist with the completion of incoming verifications of employment, wage requests, etc.
- Maintain personnel database regarding salaries
- Address and resolve employee issues relating to the payroll system
- Prepare reports to relevant departments about payroll, company budget and expense
- Verify filing of payroll taxes, both quarterly and annual
- Verify year end duties are completed correctly including W2's, 1095-C's, etc.
- Support the HR onboarding process
- Ad hoc HR projects
- Minimum of two years’ experience processing multi-state payroll in a fast-paced environment
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in business or accounting preferred
- Experience using Paylocity is highly preferred
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
- Strong knowledge of tax and wage laws
- Good understanding of the common fiscal procedures
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; able to establish good working relationships with all levels of employees
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary, talk, use repetitive motion, type, and hear 90% of the time.
Apply for this role
Thank you for your submission. A member of our team will be in touch to discuss your application.