Builtin have named us one of the best places to work in Chicago.
Our staff are committed to continuously improving. They’re not afraid of hard work. And they have passion coursing through their veins.
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Role: HR Advisor
Location: Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0PQ
Hours: 8.45am – 5.15pm (Monday to Friday) with flexibility to support global teams
Salary: Up to £45,000 OTE (DOE)
Our success comes down to the talented individuals in our UK, North American and Australian headquarters, as well as field-based all over the world. As a HR Advisor, you’ll report directly into the Head of HR, working within a company that truly values people and culture, and strives to ensure our staff have an amazing place to work. You’ll be part of a growing people team, with huge potential for development as the team grows.
Working closely with line managers, this position plays a key role within their daily operations. No two days are the same, so someone who is resilient and can hit the ground running would be ideal. You’ll have exposure to the full range of HR disciplines, and this will be an opportunity to take responsibility for our people processes and make a difference by focusing on continuous improvement.
- Be the first point of contact for the team for all employee matters
- Ensure probationary, 121s and return to work meetings take place. Track the meetings and remind managers when a meeting is required. Ensure a record is kept of the meetings; raising areas of concern as required to the Head of HR/department leads in relation to these meetings
- Support managers with any employee relations matters such as note taking or fact finding
- Support the People & Culture team with new initiatives and lead on them where possible
- Support the development of the culture by helping to measure engagement through conversations with the team, and creating an office environment which everyone loves to work in; making suggestions for changes and improvements.
- Work with the Talent team and L&D to issue all offer documentation and complete all pre employment checks.
- Maintain the administration on any and all HR systems, i.e., absence management
- Be the creative soul of the team. Conduct competitor research and identify improved new ways of working
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Demonstrable experience in a HR Generalist or HR Advisor role
- Ideally you will be CIPD level 5, working towards level 7 CIPD would be advantageous.
- Superb communication skills, including effective facilitation, listening, and writing.
- Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner.
- Fantastic organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- Confident in communicating with employees and team members at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Resilient and receptive to change, you’ll have a desire for continuous improvement and personal growth.
What you’ll get in return:
- Free PureGym membership after 3-months served
- Cycle to work scheme
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service
- Additional half day off for birthday
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Two volunteer days per year for a charity of your choice
- Smart pension scheme
- Life insurance and critical illness cover
- All expenses paid company events in sought after venues
- Free fruit & breakfast
- Company sports teams
- On-site barber and beautician
- Car valet service
- Career development directly linked to your performance
- Fundraising initiatives for our registered charity – the PHMG Foundation
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme