Finance Business Partner
Builtin have named us one of the best places to work in Chicago.
Our staff are committed to continuously improving. They’re not afraid of hard work. And they have passion coursing through their veins.
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Role: Finance Business Partner
Hours: 8:45am-5:15pm (1 day a week from home)
Package: £55k OTE
To maintain our position at the forefront of our industry and sustain our continued growth, we are seeking a dynamic and motivated Finance Business Partner to join us. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key player in our finance department; business partnering board members and senior management across our Creative and Engineering departments. You will have support from a finance analyst to help drive financial insights, facilitate decision-making processes, and contribute to the overall success of our organisation.
Commercial Focus and Stakeholder Collaboration:
- As a truly commercial role, this position emphasises strategic financial planning and decision-making rather than day-to-day management accounts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive financial performance and contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including department heads, to understand their business objectives and provide financial insights to support decision-making.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Creative and Engineering teams, offering financial expertise and strategic guidance.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Work closely with the Creative and Engineering teams to develop financial plans, forecasts, and budgets that align with organisational goals.
- Provide financial guidance and support to department heads to optimise resource allocation and drive profitability.
Monthly Finance Reviews:
- Lead monthly finance reviews with board members and senior management to provide insights into financial performance, identify trends, and make recommendations for strategic decision-making.
- Develop monthly performance packs to ensure effective communication of financial strategies, risks, and opportunities to the board.
Profit and Loss Management:
- Take ownership of a number of P&Ls, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting along with ensuring we have the right level of controls in place.
- Analyse variances against budget and forecast, working collaboratively with department heads to drive performance improvements.
What we are looking for:
You will be a fully qualified accountant with proven experience in a finance business partnering role.
Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data using Excel will be vital. Commercial acumen and a strategic mindset, focusing on proactive approach to adding value to the business will ensure you are set up for success.
Previous experience working as a Finance Business Partner with examples of successful key stakeholder management
What We Can Offer You
- £50k basic salary + £5k bonus
- Working from home 1 day a week
- Career development and progression directly linked to your performance
- Free gym membership (after 3 months)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Time off to celebrate your birthday
- Fundraising initiatives for our registered charity – the PHMG Foundation
- All expenses paid company events in sought after venues
- On-site barber and beautician
- Enhanced maternity cover
- Smart pension scheme
- Creative, spacious offices with breakout areas and free fruit
Established in 1998, PHMG has grown from a renowned Manchester-based business to the world’s leading audio branding agency – working with 36,000 clients in 54 countries across the globe. This expansive client list includes household names of the calibre of Samsung, Audi and Adidas, as well as SMEs in every sector of the global market. We give each of them a stellar production that combines creative copy, world-class voice artistry and an exclusive Brand-Sound-Track™ – strengthening their business identity in the most memorable, emotive way.