Account Manager (North American Market)
Builtin have named us one of the best places to work in Chicago.
Our staff are committed to continuously improving. They’re not afraid of hard work. And they have passion coursing through their veins.
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Compensation package: £37k basic with realistic first year earnings of £50k
Office location: Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0PQ
Working hours: You will work a 4-day week (rotating Monday – Friday 4pm – 1am)
Reports to: Client Services Manager
Our Account Managers are responsible for managing the onboarding of our new clients sent their way by our expert sales teams. Account Managers are the face of the company, and it is their job to deliver a world-class first impression to all our clients; presenting a polished, professional image that reassures the client immediately. As part of the role, they host brand consultations, prepare creative and technical briefs, and work collaboratively across a matrix of teams to deliver an industry-leading audio branding solution. Activation Consultants manage 50-60 onboarding projects simultaneously, with each lasting between 60 and 120 days depending on requirements.
They epitomise the concept of a ‘people person’ – experts in relationship management, rapport building over the phone and developing long-term relationships with decision makers. Active listeners, they engage clients to understand their business plans and marketing needs and present innovative solutions. Ultimately, they strive to be a true extension of their client’s business.
Their clients can be relied on for referrals and clients personally vouch for them and recognise their expertise and knowledge. Commercially astute, they know their numbers and can demonstrate value through metrics and data. By running their desk like their own business, they spot opportunities and can act on their own initiative, at pace, to deliver world-class results for their clients and PHMG. Highly motivated, they set clear goals and consistently demonstrate their drive to exceed client expectations. As they learn new skills, and consistently achieve target, career paths open for progression and promotion.
Strategic objectives and responsibilities:
- At every touch-point, you’ll demonstrate your expert-level understanding of your clients’ needs, PHMG’s product portfolio and the wider industry to offer clients exceptional creative, technical and commercial support
- Working collaboratively across a matrix of teams to deliver productions and audio projects to exemplary standards, exceeding client expectations with the highest level of communication and project management
- You deliver industry-leading customer service to ensure satisfaction continuously improves
- You have a constant pipeline of potential new business opportunities. You’re never chasing at the last minute to hit target
- You’re always looking to identify commercial opportunities within your client base and foster long-term client relationships through a contact model that works for each client
- You know your numbers and how you can improve key metrics. You spot trends in data and are always planning ahead. You’re not surprised at the end of any month as you’ve been monitoring the health of your client base constantly
- You seek out guidance and support from your peers and across your network – your commitment to your personal development is obvious to everyone around you
Measures of success:
- Extensive experience in a B2B Account Management, Business Development or Sales position
- Ability to spot opportunity to increase revenue within account base
- Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise a volume account base,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What you’ll get in return:
- Free PureGym membership after 3-months served
- Cycle to work scheme
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing with length of service
- Additional half day off for birthday
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Two volunteer days per year for a charity of your choice
- Smart pension scheme
- Life insurance and critical illness cover
- All expenses paid company events in sought after venues
- Free fruit & breakfast
- Company sports teams
- On-site barber and beautician
- Car valet service
- Career development directly linked to your performance
- Fundraising initiatives for our registered charity – the PHMG Foundation
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme
Established in 1998, PHMG has grown from a renowned Manchester-based business to the world’s leading audio branding agency – working with 36,000 clients in 54 countries across the globe. This expansive client list includes household names of the calibre of Samsung, Audi and Adidas, as well as SMEs in every sector of the global market. We give each of them a stellar production that combines creative copy, world-class voice artistry and an exclusive Brand-Sound-Track™ – strengthening their business identity in the most memorable, emotive way.
Apply for this role
Thank you for your submission. A member of our team will be in touch to discuss your application.